CarrollTouch 4000U USB Controller
The 4000U controller is part # E053303, RoHS compliant.
Supply Voltage and Current
- +5 VDC, nominal (+4.75 to +5.25
- 120 mA, typical at +5
VDC. Average power dissipation is 0.6 W, typical
- Supply must be capable of sourcing
- Total noise and ripple requirement must be less than 100mV (p-p) for
- USB High Speed
- Plug and play
- CarrollTouch SmartSet
Untouch/ Z-axis Enable Modes
- Approximately 4096x4096, size independent, 255 levels of Z
- Approximately 20 ms per coordinate set.
- MTBF greater than
500,000 hours per MIL-HDBK-217-F2 using the parts stress calculation method for the ground benign environment with an ambient temperature of
- Operating: -20°C to
- Storage: -48°C to 85°C
- Operating: 10% to 90%
- Storage: 10% to 90%
Shock and Vibration
- Three axis sine wave, 50Hz to 2kHz, 1G, 2 minutes/Octave with dwell on
- Per EN 6100-4-2 1995: Level 4. Contact discharge 8kV, air discharge 15kV.
- The printed circuit board substrate is rated 94V0. All plastic components, such a headers and connectors, are also rated 94V0.
- Four-layer surface-mount design with internal ground plane for EMI
- Total width: 2.36 inches (59.94 mm), including connectors
- Total length: 3.51 inches (89.03 mm), including connector
- Total height: 0.61 inches (15.44 mm)
- All mounting holes are plated through-holes for chassis ground connection. Refer to the drawings at the end of this document.
P2 - USB Output Connector
The connector configuration permits the controller to be placed in-line between the touchscreen and a USB hub or host attachment.
The USB connector, P2, is a USB Series "B" receptacle as specified
in section 6.5 of the USB specification, version 1.1. The pins are numbered
as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1. P2, USB Board-Mounted Header and Cable-Mounted
Table 1. USB Connector Pin Numbers and Signal Names
|P2 pin number
|| Signal name
|| Standard wire color
|| drain wire
P4 - Power Connector
2. Power Connector
|| P3 pin 1
|| Signal function
|| +5 volts DC +/- 5%
- Self Powered
|| Supply voltage common
- Self Powered
- Bus Powered 2
- Bus Powered 2
1 P3 mating connector is a Molex 22-01-3027 with Pins 08-50-0114.
2 Bus powered option is not compliant with stringent USB Suspend
A green LED
(D2) indicates controller status as follows:
|LED Blink Rate
|Once per second
||Normal condition, untouched
|Twice per second
A second LED
(D1) indicates USB status as follows:
|| Controller is not enumerated on USB
|| Controller is enumerated on USB, but there is no data transfer
|| USB data transfers between controller and host are occurring
- Elo controllers are
"CNR/USR" UL Recognized Components for USA and Canada, Category NWGQ2, Information Technology Equipment Including Business Equipment.
- Elo controllers are TUV Bauart certified as components.
- Elo controllers have been tested for compliance with FCC Part 15 Class B limits*.
- Depending on the application, it may be necessary to pay special attention to system grounding and shielding, and it may be necessary to apply ferrite suppressor beads.
approval certificates for all Elo controllers and touchscreens
- Look up product statement of compliance by part number
Figure 2. Top View
- Power cable, flying leads (P/N
- USB communications cable (P/N E854224)
- Flex cable, connects touch frame to controller (P/N A47654-000)