CarrollTouch Infrared Touchscreens
CarrollTouch infrared technology
is the survivor of harsh applications. It's the only technology that
does not rely on an overlay or substrate to register a touch, so it's
impossible to physically "wear out" the touchscreen. CarrollTouch
technology combines superior optical performance with excellent
gasket-sealing capabilities, so it's an excellent choice for harsh
industrial and outdoor kiosk applications. Touched with a finger, gloved
hand, fingernail, or stylus, it delivers a fast, accurate response every
time. CarrollTouch infrared technology is available for flat panel solutions.
- Withstands severe environments
- Adjusts to changing light conditions, including
- Stable, no-drift calibration performance
- Vandal- and abrasion-resistant screens, ideal for
- Parallax-free performance for LCD displays
- Sealable against contaminants
- Choice of controller interface
- Choice of filter type or overlay for system
protection and optimal optics
- Because there is no overlay covering the display, the transmissivity
of infrared touch systems is 100%.
- There are no limitations on the type of material the stylus
is made from.
- Since the opto-electronics determining the touch location
are fixed in one place, infrared touch systems are not subject
to sensor drift. They need only to be aligned with the corresponding
- Non-invasive scanning infrared touch systems can be easily
attached to a display without disassembly.
- Scanning infrared touch systems can be sealed to NEMA 4 requirements,
preventing water and dirt from penetrating the display electronics.
- Since scanning infrared touch systems do not require an overlay
(which can be broken), they are less vulnerable to vandalism.
Also, they are extremely tolerant of shock and vibration.
- Infrared touch systems are solid state technology and have
no moving mechanical parts. As such, they have no physical sensor
that can be abraded or worn out with heavy use over time.
- Indoor/outdoor kiosks
- Ticketing machines
- Medical instrumentation
- Process control systems
- Hospital operating rooms
- Commercial transportation
- Commercial food preparation and service
- Large plasma displays
For pricing information, please: