Troubleshooting Hyper Terminal Problems
"Another program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the other program completes"
- You are asking Hyper Terminal to use a COM port that is presently in use.
- If comdump is in use, terminate it by hitting the ESC key.
- If an Elo touch driver is installed, remove it.
- If neither, then something else has the COM port – you have to find out what it is and terminate it to release the COM port.
New Connection does not respond to clicking OK
- You must give it some sort of name to establish a new connection; type anything in the box and then click OK.
After selecting Send Text File and double-clicking a text file, the Hyper Terminal window reappears completely blank
- The text file was not sent.
- Check Hyper Terminal setup.
- Select Disconnect from the call menu.
- From the Hyper Terminal File menu, click Properties.
- Verify COM 1.
- Click the Configure button to verify 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit.
- or a controller was not connected to the COM port you selected.
- or there is no power to the controller.
- or the controller is locked up.
- remove and then reconnect the monitor power cord to reset the controller.
Hyper Terminal File properties can't be checked (settings are greyed out)
- You must disconnect to check the Properties.
- Select Disconnect from the Call menu or click the Disconnect icon, then check the Properties.
I can't figure out where to check the baud rate
- With the session disconnected (icon of phone on hook), select File, Properties, then click the Configure button on the Connect To tab.