This does not apply to some monitors with APR touch technology. APR technology is designated by a –A in the model number. Example: ET1715-AU …
USB device detection indicators:
- First time connection should show a Found New Hardware message.
- There usually is a two-note audible tone when the USB cable is connected or disconnected.
- In the Device Manager, under Mice and Other Pointing Devices, a device will disappear and reappear when the touchmonitor USB connection is disconnected and reconnected (allow a few seconds for each). How to:
- Open Device Manager (Click Start, select Control Panel, double-click System, click the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button).
- Double-click Mice and Other Pointing Devices.
- Remove/reconnect the USB cable.
If none of the above indications occur, then either the USB port or the cable or the touchmonitor is bad. Try different ports and cables.
After device detection, the cursor should move when the screen is touched and there may also be an audible beep. Response may be erratic, but there should be some response to touch. If not, then the touchmonitor is defective.