Quick Start: Touchscreen Driver Installation
Selecting the Touch Driver
In most cases you can install from the TouchTools CD, but the most current drivers are always on the Elo web site.
Particularly if your operating system is Windows Vista, we recommend that you download the driver, as earlier versions of the CD will not install the correct Vista driver.
If your touch technology is Acoustic Pulse Recognition, you will need to use the APR driver CD or download the APR driver. APR technology is indicated by –A in the model number:
- ET1529L-A …
- The model number is on an Elo sticker on the back of the monitor, near the video connectors
The correct driver for all other touch technologies is determined by the operating system.
Installing from the TouchTools CD
NOTE: Not for APR touch technology; not for Windows Vista unless TouchTools CD is Rev U or later
- Hook up the touchmonitor; see Connections.
- Power up the system and insert the TouchTools CD.
- Wait for the autorun menu to appear.
- Select Install driver for this computer.
- Follow the prompts (see Typical Downloaded File Installation Steps).
Driver Download Locations
- APR uses its own special driver, and it is for Windows XP only
- All other touch technologies: the driver to use depends on the operating system
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, WEPOS [XPU4.8.7b]
- Windows 2003 Server [XPU4.8.7b]
- Windows 2000 [SW600188]
- OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard, MacIntel hardware [SW601205]
- OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard, PowerMac hardware [SW601204]
- Embedded operating systems (Windows XP embedded) (Windows CE embedded)
- Not for use on standard Windows XP operating systems
- IMPORTANT NOTE: These drivers cannot simply be installed by running the Setup file – they must be incorporated into the embedded operating system "build" using the appropriate Microsoft software development tools (the included Setup file is used transparently during the build process)
File Download Steps
- Click the filename (e.g., SW600613).
- Click the Save button.
- Confirm Desktop as the save-to location at the top of the Save As window.
- Use the drop-down to change, if needed.
- Click Save.
- The green progress bar starts.
- When download is complete, click the Close button.
Typical Downloaded File Installation Steps
This example is for the Windows XP/Vista driver:
- Double-click the file on the desktop.
- Click Run
- For Windows Vista, if "Cannot create output file" is displayed, close the message box, then right-click the file and select Run as Administrator.
- Click OK.
- Click Unzip.
- Click OK.
- Click Next to select English as the default language.
- Click either Install USB Touchscreen Drivers or Install Serial Touchscreen Drivers
- This is determined by the choice made when the cables were connected.
- See Connections.
- Ignore Enable Precalibration.
- Click Next.
- Click Yes to indicate that you have read and accept the license agreement terms.
- The files will install.
- Click Finish.
- If Calibration does not run automatically, see Calibration.