Projected Capacitive2 Touch Technology
The Elo Projected Capacitive touch technology enables touches to be sensed directly or through a protective outer layer:
The complete system depending on the customer-selected outer layer can resist impact, scratches, vandalism,
heat, rain, snow, and ice or harsh cleaning fluids, making it well-suited for outdoor applications.
The new Projected Capacitive2 touchscreen is thinner and lighter than previous versions. When paired with
the new bus powered external 6610 USB controller and dedicated driver increased levels of reliability and
longer life expectancy are obtained, resulting in a drift-free response and a low-maintenance unit that
requires no recalibration.
- The DirectTouch touchscreen consists of a 3mm glass layer
- The ThruTouch touchscreen senses touch through a customer-installed outer layer including vandal-resistant glass up to 10mm thick
- Works in two ways: DirectTouch and ThruTouch to meet diverse usage requirements
- True flat front surface without bezel possible
- Works with gloves for true input flexibility
- Works even if glass is scratched or broken
- Outdoor kiosks
- Ticketing machines
- Web phones
- Pay-at-the pump gas machines
- Through-glass, under-counter, and bartop applications
NOTE: This technology is currently unavailable in the United States. Contact
Elo for information on projected capacitive products.