Find Your Role at Elo
We know touch - it's our only business. In fact, we invented the touchscreen over 40 years ago and haven't stopped since. Every 21 seconds, a new Elo touch screen is installed somewhere in the world. We obsess over details to exceed the highest quality standards. We don’t just sell things. We offer solutions to tomorrow’s challenges.
The Software Quality Automation Engineer will take ownership of the quality of our web and mobile applications. You will be part of an innovative product team offering hardware and software solutions for various industries, and you will assist in the development of test automation suites, as well as creation of test cases and manual testing.
- Work closely with onshore and offshore development and quality engineering teams to define and create test plans, test strategies, test cases, scripts, manage defects
- Take ownership of the quality of our web and mobile applications.
- Design, implement and maintain test automation suites for web and tablet applications.
- Make decisions on applying automated/manual testing approach to specific projects
- Collaborate with developers to define hooks needed in core code in order to facilitate automated testing.
- Analyzing current practice, user issues, business requirements and recommend changes for the process reengineering.
- Communicate fluently and effectively with all level of business users, technical teams, and management across the organization
- Actively participate in the Scrum development process: standups, grooming, sizing, sprint planning.
- Maintain documentation of test system & environment.
- Communicate progress, issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Co-responsible for project success (technical & stakeholder satisfaction).
- Contribute to improving Verity’s software development processes (version control, code reviews, unit testing, build/release, automation, etc.)
- Promote software QA best practices.
- Support and promote the Verity Solutions values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ensure the coverage of test cases and user identified scenarios. Document and reveal potential problems, identify and log software defects and verify defects resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5+ Years of developing, maintaining, and ensuring quality of a web application using a variety of automated testing tools.
- Must have strong experience coding in any scripting language (Python, Perl etc.)
- Must have strong experience with writing QA automation frameworks using tools like Selenium/WebDriver, Appium, and Splinter
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and SDLC
- Experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing application faults
- Experience with Software as a Service web-application environments
- Experience in the QA lifecycle as evidenced by the ability to articulate the QA process as well as tangible outputs like test plans, test scripts, bug reports, etc.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- Experience with Load testing
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem solving, risk analysis, and decision-making skills
- Ability to clearly explain findings effectively with strong technical writing skills
- Proactively exhibits initiative within a scrum team environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lift up to OSHA single person lift requirements
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally