Find Your Role at Elo
We know touch - it's our only business. In fact, we invented the touchscreen over 50 years ago and haven't stopped since. Every 21 seconds, a new Elo touch screen is installed somewhere in the world. We obsess over details to exceed the highest quality standards.
Our sales approach begins by identifying customer demands before they become challenges. We’re committed to delivering customer success through our comprehensive expertise in software and technology. We don’t just sell things. We offer solutions to tomorrow’s challenges.
The Application Engineer I will provide expertise and support to Elo’s internal and external customers via telephone, email and in person as needed. The Application Engineer I expected work schedule is 11-8pm EST in order to accommodate west coast customers.
The successful incumbent will embrace the ‘customer first’ mentality with a focus on customer experience. Effective communication at all layers of business is necessary, including the ability to provide concise detail around solutions both verbally and in writing. The Application Engineer I will be responsible for managing technical based support cases and will be responsible for proper tracking, communication and schedules as needed. They will work directly with other Elo personnel to help drive solutions for the customer. The Application Engineer I will manage issues and projects in an effective manner, while focusing on providing the best customer experience possible. The individual should have a high degree of troubleshooting and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to Support Solutions Architects, Sales Managers, and customers via telephone and email as needed as first level support personnel.
- Always embraces the ‘customer first’ mentality with a focus on customer experience
- Manage issues and projects in an effective manner, while focusing on providing the best customer experience possible
- Ability to manage incoming calls and emails via Salesforce queue, gather needed information effectively and efficiently and coordinate with others to provide proper solutions
- Manage support-related projects and responsible for proper tracking, communication and schedules as needed
- Advanced degree of troubleshooting capability while overseeing technical issues and projects
- Ability to consistently deliver a best-in-class customer experience supporting products and services
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and applications
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Host online meetings
- Capable of providing online trainings and walk throughs of products at an intermediate level
- Effectively provide status updates to ongoing projects
- Basic documentation, KB articles and videos
- Initial support contact for the following: touch issues, EloView management, Elo Access, hardware troubleshooting, and OS support (Mac/iOS, Windows, Linux and Android)
- Must be able to work 11am – 8pm EST.
- 2-year technical degree from an accredited institution OR 2 years of related technical experience in similar field
Ideal Background & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience interacting directly with customers
- Technical background in computer engineering or previous technical experience/education in a computer-related field
- Prior telephone support experience
- Effective communication is imperative including the ability to provide extreme detail around solutions both verbally and in writing
- Advanced multitasking ability
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Project management
- Elevated problem solving skills to support technical troubleshooting
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of the core operating systems in use today: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android
- Multi-lingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese) highly preferred
- Ability to provide empathy towards customer
- Ability to lift up to OSHA single person lift requirements
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, some travel may be necessary