Elo Android 10 October 2022 Release Notes
- 5.000.019.0062+p for I-Series 4 Standard, Backpack 4 Standard, M50, M50C, M60, M60C
- 5.000.019.0061+v for I-Series 4 Value, Backpack 4 Value
On October 28th, 2022, Elo released a new OS update for its Android 10 devices. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of these devices. This update will be available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA and will become the default OTA download on EloView and OEMConfig as of November 3rd. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to request access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Added Cross-platform framework and webapp support for Elo Hardware’s and Peripherals.
- Added support to enable/disable EloView connection from EloHome App.
- Added support to keep application even after factory reset.
- Added support to restrict APK downgrade on Elo device based on request from EloView.
- Fixed an issue where daylight saving time to standard time caused a gap in scheduled content.
- Fixed an issue where backgrounds of EloView webapps weren’t displaying correctly.
- Added the support to control trigger buttons of the Elo Handheld devices.
- Fixed an issue where Bluetooth pairing failed with a user application.
- Improved Elo Enterprise keyboard to scan barcode using barcode tab.
- Fixed an issue where the control panel and chrome browser were launched instead of deployed webapp.
- Added access restriction support for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings in Elo Home app for Value devices.
- Added the support to increase the log file capacity for value devices.
- Added the support to operate 2 keyboards independently into separate screens and inputs for EloPOS devices.
- Added API support for the following:
- To obtain the Online/Offline status of the device.
- To enable dark mode and light mode
- To enable/disable location services
- To restrict the ability to control navigation and status bar to be set through SDK in EloView modes
- To get the status of package
- To enable/disable show passwords under the privacy settings
- o support swipe and none feature of password for screen lock
- To select different font sizes
- To enable/disable barcode scanner
- To enable/disable microphone
- To set resolution of device
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.