EloView® Major Feature Release
- 3.20.44 PayPoint Plus/PayPoint for Android Rev. B
The EloView product team is excited to announce a major update to EloView which includes new cloud functionality and features for Android 7.1.2 based devices. We will release this update on December 5, 2017 and there will be no downtime associated with this update.
Device USB Locking
You can now lock USB ports on your PayPoint Android device for enhanced security at the end-point. This feature is currently supported on PayPoint Plus (Android) only.
- Click on device settings – a new page called “Hardware” appears for devices that support this feature.
- On the page, click on the lock icon next to a port to lock or unlock this port.
- This setting is also available for Groups of devices, in the Group Settings page.
Logging user actions on EloView
As the number of enterprise deployments grows, we have many customers using multiple user accounts within their EloView account. For the purpose of auditing and tracking, EloView now records all actions taken on the portal and devices. When you log in, a new page called “Activity” is added to your account – which shows all activity in the past three days. More information on this will be available on the user activity logging page.
You can now set up scheduled reboots of your devices on EloView to better manage your application performance over time. This functionality is a major upgrade to the “Network watchdog timer” functionality previously released – and resides on the “Reboot Timer” page in Device Settings.
Better Management of Home and Power Button
PayPoint Plus for Android will now ship with power and home button enabled. Your experience will be as follows.
- Short press of power button switches off the display.
- Long press of power button allows you to power off/on the device.
- Home button takes you to the App Launcher page in EloView. You can customize apps that appear in this page.
- Press of power and home button together takes you to EloView Control Panel.
- On the device dashboard, user-specified content name or web URL is shown instead of the Android package name.
- We have now expanded the whitelisting feature to include URLs (used by the kiosk browser) and support for PayPoint Plus for Android and PayPoint for Android Rev B.
- You will now be presented with a popup message before any settings that requires a device reboot is applied.
Method of Distribution and Timing
EloView portal will refresh to the new version on December 5, 2017 – there is no downtime associated with this release. At the same time, a new device version (3.20.44 for PayPoint) will be available as an optional update through the portal for customer acceptance testing. On December 12, version 3.20.44 will become the default to update from the cloud or the device control panel. You can still use other versions via Advanced OTA.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.