1529L 15" Touchscreen Monitor (Discontinued October 2007)
The Elo 1529L touchmonitor expands the company's family of reliable, easily integrated, multifunction touch solutions and is now available with the new breakthrough Elo touch technology, Acoustic Pulse Recognition. The retail-rugged 1529L includes options for a magnetic stripe reader (MSR), biometric fingerprint reader, and a 2 x 20 vacuum fluorescent rear-facing customer display (VFD). The 1529L has been designed for touch from the ground up, with such features as spill-resistant sealing, a short or tall stable tilt base that is removable or reversible for wall mounting, connectivity incorporated within the monitor, and a choice of Elo touch technology as well as color.
- Higher brightness, better contrast, and wider viewing angle than most 15" LCDs
- "Designed for touch" features such as a stable tilt base
- Available with AccuTouch Five-Wire Resistive Technology (activated with fingernails, gloves, credit cards, or any stylus), IntelliTouch Surface-Wave Technology, CarrollTouch Infrared Technology, Surface Capacitive Technology, or the newest Elo touch technology, Acoustic Pulse Recognition.
- Optional ergonomic 3 stripe MSR available in two versions: USB with keyboard emulation; and USB with human interface device (HID) class specification 1.1
- Optional 20x2 USB vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) rear-facing customer display
- Optional biometric fingerprint recognition device
- USB hub or dual serial/USB interface available on certain configurations
- Choice of gray or beige finish
- Choice of short, tall, or no monitor stand. No stand version also omits the logo.
- Single power supply for all optional devices
- Cables hidden from user's view
- Built-in speakers located in display head
- Multilingual on-screen display (OSD) with extras including speaker volume, treble, bass, and balance
- Mounting holes on base bottom for tabletop security
- Base removable, VESA mounting option
- Controls on the side rather than the front, plus lockout function for public use
- Sealed touchscreen; CarrollTouch version features a seamless watertight seal due to its unique co-molded construction
- Diagnostic LEDs for touch and video
- Long-lasting product cycle
- Worldwide agency approvals
Acoustic Pulse (Worldwide) - E700641
IntelliTouch (Worldwide) - D62751-000
Dark Gray or Beige
Touch Technology & Capacity
SAW (IntelliTouch® Surface Acoustic Wave) - Single Touch
Acoustic Pulse Recognition - Single Touch
15'' diagonal, Active matrix TFT LCD (LED)
Active Area (mm)
11.98" x 8.98" / 304mm x 228mm
1024 x 768
Other Supported Resolutions
1024 x 768 at 60, 65, 70 or 75 Hz
832 x 624 at 75 Hz
800 x 600 at 56, 60, 72 or 75 Hz
720 x 400 at 70 Hz
720 x 350 at 70 Hz
640 x 480 at 60, 66 Hz (Mac), 72 or 75 Hz
Horizontal: ±75° or 150° total / Vertical: 75/50° or 125° total
Number of Colors
16.2 million with dithering (8 bit)
LCD panel: 350 nits
AccuTouch: 280 nits
APR: 322 nits
CarrollTouch: 322 nits
IntelliTouch: 322 nits
surface capacitive: 298 nits
Response Time-total (typical)
Serial/USB (no hub): D62751-000
On Screen Display
OSD lockouts for power and user controls
OSD control menu: menu, up, down, select, power
OSD controls: contrast, brightness, V-position, H-position, RGB, volume, YUV, phase, clock, OSD H-position, OSD V-position, OSD time, auto adjust, Input select
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese
OSD disable/enable: power, OSD menu
Two watt/channel speakers located in display head
Input Video Format
RGB analog; DVI-D
Input Video Signal Connector
Mini D-Sub 15-Pin VGA type; DVI-D connector
Power Consumption (Typical)
Monitor: 20 W typical, 25 W max.
VFD customer display: 3 W typical, 6 W max.
USB fingerprint reader: 0.5 W typical, 1 W max.
USB magnetic stripe reader: 0.5 W typical, 1 W max.
2 USB external ports power when loaded: 5 W typical, 7 W max.
Total with all possible accessories: 39 W typical, 50 W max.
AC/DC input internal power supply, with jack to accept power from optional external brick; Power: 50 W max.; only AC power cable supplied; 12V power supply optional
AC: 90-265 VAC, 50/60 Hz.; DC: 12.0V ± 0.75V
Horizontal: 31-60 kHz / Vertical: 56-75 Hz
Monitor Dimensions (with Stand)
13.99" x 11.27" x 10.44" / 355mm x 286mm x 265mm
14.44 lb / 6.55 kg
21.16 lb / 9.60 kg
0°C to 40°C
-20°C to 60°C
Touchscreen sealed to bezel
Touchscreen sealed to LCD
50,000 hours demonstrated
75 mm VESA mount
Energy save mode (less than 2 watts)
2 stage DPMS
VESA DDC Plug and Play
Security lock receptacle
Backlight lamp life
Min 40,000 hours to half brightness
Regulatory approvals and declarations
UL, cUL, FCC-A, TÜV-GS, CE, VCCI, C-Tick
AC Power Cable
North American and European AC power cables are included. For touchmonitors being shipped to the United Kingdom, add a UK AC power cable at no cost by specifying part number E540272.
AC power cables for power brick are also available at additional cost:
United States: Elo p/n - E042259
Europe: Elo p/n - E690013
United Kingdom: Elo p/n - E235317
Optional Power Supply Brick
The monitor may also be powered with DC voltage. An optional 12V DC power brick, part number E785134, is available at additional cost.
Optional IntelliTouch Stylus Pen
Stylus pen with rubber tip, designed specifically for use with IntelliTouch SAW touch technology. Part number D82064-000, available at additional cost.
All appropriate cables are included and are detachable.
Stands, Mounts & Kits
Short Desktop stand (Dark gray) - Elo p/n: E252977
Tall Desktop stand (Dark gray) - Elo p/n: E930466
Short Desktop stand (Beige) - Elo p/n: E819036
Tall Desktop stand (Beige) - Elo p/n: E024520
1529L VESA Plate – Elo p/n: E295293