This whitepaper describes best practice cleaning methods for Elo touch products.
1: Materials and Cleaning Solutions
Use only the below recommended materials and cleaning solutions:
Microfiber cloth made for cleaning electronics. The 3M Micro Fiber Electronics Cleaning Cloth or the JP Case Microfiber Cleaning Cloth for Electronic Devices are options.
Use a mild soap and water solution in conjunction with the microfiber cloth as well as the below alternatives:
- U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) green soap
- Sodium hypochlorite solution (1:10 dilution of household chlorine bleach in water), note using this solution may lighten color over time.
- Phenolic germicidal detergent (1% aqueous solution)
- Cidex 2.4% Activated Glutaraldehyde Solution
- 50% isopropyl alcohol mixed in 50% water solution
- Novus 1
2: Cleaning Process
- Before you start cleaning the Elo touch monitor, shutdown and disconnect the power cable from the unit.
- Use the recommended microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe the unit clean.
- If needed, apply one of the recommended cleaning solutions directly to the cleaning cloth, then use the cloth and cleaning solution in combination to further wipe the unit clean.
- Avoid getting liquids inside the unit as this may damage the unit and void manufacturer warranty.
- Never spray cleaning solutions directly on the unit.
Never use the following cleaning solutions or materials to Clean Elo touch monitors
- Alcohol/solvents at higher concentration > 50%
- Methyl, or Ethyl
- Thinner, Benzine
- Strong alkalis or lye
- Strong solvents
- Detergents with fluoride
- Detergents with ammonia at higher concentration > 1.6%
- Detergents with abrasives
- Steel wool
- Sponge with abrasives
- Steel blades
- Cloth with steel thread
Contact Information: For technical support or help with this procedure, please call 844-435-6832 or email email@example.com. If not in the North American region, may also contact the technical support group for your area here: Contact Technical Support.