17A2 17" Touchcomputer (Discontinued April 2010)
Expanded versatility, bigger screen, and improved serviceability, all in a compact design: the 17A2 17" LCD all-in-one touchcomputer provides an attractive ultra-compact 17" touch solution that can fit virtually anywhere in any point-of-service environment.
The 17A2 touchcomputer with dual video display capability includes a choice of touch technologies: AccuTouch® five-wire resistive, IntelliTouch® surface acoustic wave and the company's innovative Acoustic Pulse Recognition (APR) that blends the benefits of all three. Elo touch technologies provide stable, durable touch options that are resistant to scratches and liquids and can be activated in a variety of ways. Also, the 17A2 comes with 1280 x 1024 SXGA resolution and 5:4 aspect ratio to display clear, precise graphics for improved readability.
The space-saving, compact design of the 17A2 touchcomputer offers increased flexibility for easy integration of a variety of optional field-replaceable peripherals, including: three-track magnetic stripe reader (MSR) for credit, ID and loyalty card transactions; customer-facing display to verify those transactions; biometric fingerprint recognition for increased security; 3-watt speaker bar with or without optional single line or omni-directional barcode scanner; and DVD drive. Serviceability is enhanced with easy access to the hard drive and compact flash through a slide-out drawer.
The silent, fanless, spill- and tamper-resistant design of the 17A2 and its compact integrated peripherals, make this touchcomputer an ideal choice for point-of-sale, point-of-service, loyalty systems, kiosk information systems, medical and light industrial, airport security, home control, and Internet access points.
- Small integrated, all-in-one touchcomputer - Saves space, with the same footprint as a standard 17" LCD display, Combining processing with touchscreen to fit virtually anywhere
- Silent, fanless Intel® Celeron® M design - Can be installed and functional in any point-of-service environment, Reliable operation in demanding environments, 2X performance improvement over 1529L based on Passmark Benchmark
- Available with AccuTouch five-wire resistive, IntelliTouch surface-wave, or Acoustic Pulse Recognition touch technology - Choice of touch technology to fit a wide range of applications, Touchscreen sealed from the factory
- Resists dirt, dust and liquid intrusion - "Designed for touch" with a stable, wall/arm VESA mount, and mounting holes on stand bottom for table-top installations or wall mounting, Flexible VESA mounting options–configurable as a desktop or wall-mount, Mounting options to complement store layout and customer traffic
- USB 2.0, serial and cash drawer connectivity - Flexibility to support both legacy and future POS peripherals
- Dual video display capability - Allows attachment of a second touch screen display for digital signage, Scalar support for 800X600, 1024X768 and native 1280X1024 for running legacy applications
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, WEPOS or XP Embedded operating system support - Increases software and peripheral choices offering versatility and compatibility
- On-screen display controls located on the side rather than the front, plus lockout function - Minimizes accidental or intentional changes to the display's controls in a public access environment
- Securable cable cover - Cable management system conceals cables from view providing additional security from tampering, Robust tie-downs for strain relief
- Security lock receptacle - Provides fast, effective, and convenient security in any public and/or point-of-service installation
- User accessible hard drive mounted in slide-out drawer - Easy access and quick upgrades or repairs, lockable with one screw
- Long product life-cycle - Peace of mind that Elo touchcomputers will be available throughout all phases of project rollouts and when future spares are needed
Drawings and Certificates
Additional Support Resources